Ward off those rainy, (almost) Spring time blues and keep your skin and lips fresh and soft during this time of year. I’m a huge fan of making your own facemasks – or really and sort of product that you’ll be using on your skin.
However – as we all know – things come up, we get busy and it’s just easier to buy one for $30 from your favorite store.
Below are some great DIY Lip Scrub options, that provide something for everyone!
Take a look and note your favorite below in the comments.
Happy Friday everyone and try to stay dry out there!
There are two prime bases for each of these lip scrubs, either coconut oil or brown or cane sugar as the exfoliants. The cane as you know, is lighter and provides are more gentle scrub while the brown sugar is a bit more coarse – you can choose which you prefer for your lips.
I like my scrubs to really reflect the holidays any time of year, because let’s face it – the holidays create the best smells for your home.
Below are the typical ingredients you can use in your scrub:
– brown or white sugar
– extra virgin coconut oil
– chopped herbs and fruits of your choice
– flavor extracts and spices of your choice
Here are the instructions for prepping your lip scrub:
1. Choose your container, and measure your exfoliant so that the container is just about half full.
2. Measure the coconut oil—you want a 1:1 ratio of oil to sugar.
3. Transfer oil and sugar to a mixing bowl, then add the chopped herbs and fruits, followed by flavor extracts and spices of your choice. Add each of these “to taste.”
4. Mix gently to combine—over-mixing will make the granules begin to dissolve.
5. Add scrub to an air-tight storage container and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Remove from fridge at least five minutes before use so that the mixture can soften.
The first lip scrub combines white sugar, fresh rosemary and a few drops of peppermint extract. Sometimes the extracts can be a bit pricy – so if you’d prefer not to use an extract I think incorporating fresh orange or lime zest into the mix will do the trick.
This recipe uses honey, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. After mixing add a light dusting of ground clove and orange zest. You’ll smell this fragnant scrub immediately!
This is sure to be a favorite for any person – just add some cinnamon and mix and you’ve got a light and flavorful spread.
This fabulous scrub uses vanilla extract and chopped cranberries and is perfect for spring!
This is also a great gift for friends and family – running low on rent because you shopped too much? Me too. This makes a completely personalized gift that doesn’t cost too much money and will mean much more to the special person who receives in than a store-bought gift. Be sure to include a cute little label so they know what they’re getting!